COVID REOPENING PLAN
Here at CO+HOOTS, we are taking measures to protect the safety of our community and our city.
As we get more guidance and news, the CO+HOOTS team continues to add actions and develop different ways of safeguarding our members and our community while still providing our value as a community-focused workspace and placemaker.
We know that this is a challenging time for many of us as we shift to new ways of doing business. Now more than ever, we are leaning into our belief in entrepreneurs from all walks of life who are courageous enough to chase a dream, against all odds. We will continue to build an environment for you to succeed.
Here is the latest that have been in effect starting 6/01/2021:
With the national vaccination rate crossing 50% and Maricopa County coming close to that, we have decided to begin loosening our mask policy.
In a recent survey sent to our members, 96% of respondents shared they are vaccinated and most feel comfortable returning to work at CO+HOOTS with masks optional while sitting down to work in the open coworking areas.
We have officially entered “Phase 3” of our reopening plan.
CO+HOOTS is open for members, tours, day passes, Office by the Day bookings and meeting and event bookings:
- Masks are optional when you sit down/stand to work in all open coworking areas.
- Masks are also optional if you are in the lounge to eat.
- Masks are optional in enclosed spaces (i.e. dedicated offices, conference rooms, podcast studio, event space, phone booths, Orange focus room, shower/Mother’s room).
- But masks are STILL required in all open spaces when you are not stationary and not working (i.e. walking around and moving from one place to the other; when you’re walking the hallways; in the kitchen; near or at the front desk and lobby areas; and the restrooms).
- We will continue to encourage and support mask wearing out of courtesy to your fellow coworkers.
- Our team will continue to wear masks and we ask that you wear your mask if you plan to encounter another person in communal spaces (front desk, kitchen, bathrooms).
- We will limit access to no more than 75 people at the same time per day.
- Our gates will be open.
- Elevator will remain accessible with help from CO+HOOTS Staff.
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting CO+HOOTS will continue.
- Staggered seating and distance between desks will continue.
- Hand sanitizer stations will still be available around the space.
- Alcohol wipes will be available in the kitchen.
- Hands-free door openers in the common areas will also still be functional.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Please continue to be courteous and think of your CO+HOOTS family and their well being.
- Friendly dogs are again allowed at CO+HOOTS in open and enclosed spaces. We can’t wait to see your pup!
- We will review monthly and adjust if cases begin rising again.
Mail & Deliveries:
- We will still contact you if you receive mail. If you know an important mail item is coming, please reach out to us.
- We will not be able to forward packages, so please limit any packages sent to CO+HOOTS as we may not know when package delivering companies will suspend operations.
Events: Events have been moved online on Zoom
REOPENING PLAN – STARTED MAY 18, 2020
As we think about what the future of our community looks like, CO+HOOTS is approaching our reopening focused on keeping all CO+HOOTIANS safe. While our community interactions may look a little different than before, we are taking the necessary steps to care for all of our collective wellbeing with you at the center of it.
Social distancing may be part of our new normal, but collaboration and connection remain more important than ever—and having a safe place to do that is essential. First and foremost, we want our community to feel safe enough to come in and work together and still feel comfortable being with friends and family outside of work.
That’s why we are working tirelessly to evaluate our space and prepare it for reopening. We are taking measures to ensure distancing measures and sanitization protocols are in place to protect all CO+HOOTians. But, we need your help too. The wellbeing of our community depends on all of us to do our part.
We are making space and services updates to maintain hygiene safety and physical distancing best practices in three ways:
Prioritizing personal space: By modifying shared spaces with staggered seating and buffer zones, members can continue to operate while still maintaining a healthy physical distance from fellow members.
- We have put down visual markers to designate 6’ distance
- We have rearranged our open space to stagger seating, so please mind the signs and leave furniture in its place
- Flex/Open spots have also been redesigned/redistributed to allow for safe work distance
- We have opened up our classroom space as an overflow area, feel free to take your lunch or call in this space and sit in a designated spot
Increased sanitization: We are disinfecting common areas more frequently and are providing sanitization products in our spaces.
- We have brought on our favorite facility man, Pilo to come daily and disinfect all areas
- Our team will wipe all high-touch surfaces daily as well
- We have added hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes throughout the space, please wipe down any space after you use it
- We have installed door openers that you can open with your foot on phone room doors, bathrooms and front door to minimize exposure to high touch points
Behavioral signage: New cleaning standards and capacity protocols will be posted throughout the space as friendly reminders to members and staff to keep our space safe.
For those of you who plan to stay home, we have put together a WFH pack for you to maintain distance but still work effectively. Find more info at https://cohoots.square.site/
Small Business and Nonprofit Financial Resources:
National and local grants and relief funds aimed for small businesses and nonprofits just like yours:
- Save Small Business Fund by U.S. Chamber of Commerce: More info.
- Arizona Small Business Relief Fund by Local First Arizona: More info.
- Arizona COVID-19 Community Response Fund by Arizona Community Foundation: More info.
Any questions from here, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also want to hear from you about how we can support you and our community.
Let us know:
– What are you struggling with?
– What resources can we share?
And in the spirit of community, if you can and have the means to, please support local businesses, help stimulate the economy and your fellow business owner. Some restaurants and bakeries are still open for delivery and take out. And you can also buy gift cards directly from many businesses to use later.
As the crisis continues, we will be updating this page as our situation changes. We are committed to getting back to business as usual as soon as it is safe to do so.
We hope to see you again soon, and hopefully in one of our virtual events. Please be safe, keep your families safe, practice healthy and hygienic habits, stay home if you are not feeling well, be kind to each other and care for the most vulnerable. We are and always will be a community.
Jenny, Odeen & the CO+HOOTS Team